This excellent Parotta can be served with Paneer Butter Masala, Butter Chicken, Military Chicken Gravy, Vegetable Korma and Tikka Masala. This is an affordable recipe which can be prepared in a short span of time.
Ingredients (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 2 Cups Maida = All purpose flour
- 8-10 Tbsp of Corn Strach or flour (for dusting is optional)
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Sugar
- Luke Warm Water to knead the dough.
- On a work surface add the all purpose flour and make a well in the middle add salt and knead adding water once you form a dough add 2 tbsp of oil and knead well as you would knead for any bread or bun. Knead for 10 minutes and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Make roundels and roll out into thin roti with out dipping in flour you can spread oil on the dough while rolling out the roti.
- Spread a tsp of oil on the rolled out roti and sprinkle all purpose flour and corn starch and smear even on the roti.
- Pick the entire roti and create fan shape and roll it back into a snail shape.
- Roll the roti out to 1/2 inch rounds.
- Heat a pan and fry the roti on medium flame adding a tsp of oil to either sides of the roti.
- Serve hot with Paneer Butter Masala, Butter Chicken, Military Chicken Gravy, Vegetable Korma or Tikka Masala and enjoy.
As you guessed, this is an affordable Parotta recipe which can be prepared in no time. If you have a special recipe, please share in the comment section below. Check out our other recipes here.