We all love French fries but here is one simple method by which you can make homemade crispy French fries within no time. They are devouring and so tempting that no one can have enough of them. The trick to get crusty and crispy french fries is double-frying them.
- Potatoes – 4 (700 grams)
- Salt – 1 tsp (as per taste)
- Oil – for frying
- Chaat masala – as per taste
- Rinse the potatoes and peel them.
- Keep the potatoes drenched in water to prevent them from turning black.
- Now with help of a knife or fries cutter cut down the potatoes and again drench them in water.
- In case, you don’t have fries then cut the potatoes using a knife. For this slice down the potatoes thinly first and further divide them in long French fries.
- Take a vessel and heat some water along with salt in it.
- When you see gentle boil in the water, drop all the French fries into it.
- Keep the flame high and let them simmer for 5 minutes until they get soft.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the flame and drain them out in a sieve placed above a bowl.
- Now pat dry these French fries with a clean cloth and then place them in freezer for 1 hour so that they cool down.
- Heat enough oil in a wok or pan to deep fry the fries.
- Take out the fries from freezer and drop French fries into it. Place as many as possible at one time.
- Fry them until they get little brown in color.
- Drain out these fries on a plate and likewise fry the rest as well. Place these fries under fan for 15 to 20 minutes so that they cool down.
- After this, again fry them until crispy. Drop them again hot oil and fry until they get golden brown and crispy.
- Drain out the fried French fries on a sieve kept above a bowl or on absorbent paper to remove excess oil. Crispy and mouth drooling French fries are ready.
- Transfer these fries on a plate or serving bowl.
- Sprinkle some chaat on them.
- Serve these tangy-zingy steaming hot French fries with tomato ketchup or any other chutney you relish eating.
Keep the flame medium while frying at first so that they are cooked through. Then fry the fries again on high flame in hot oil till golden brown and crispy.
You can half cook the French fries and then store them in any container. Place the container in freezer. Whenever you wish to have the fries, take them out 1 hour prior cooking and then fry till crispy and golden brown.
Check out our other recipes here.