We neglect our children safety and they have to face unwanted things at a very tender age. What should be done to avoid such circumstances? Check out these pointers on children safety which we need to teach our kids at an early age for their own safety.
- Warn your girl child never to sit on anyone’s laps; no matter the situation, including uncles.
- Avoid getting dressed in front of your child once they are 2 years. Learn to excuse them or yourself.
- Never allow any adult refer to your child as ‘my wife’ or ‘my husband’.
- Whenever your child goes out to play with friends, make sure you look for a way to find out what kind of play they do; because young people now sexually abuse themselves.
- Never force your child to visit any adult whom they are not comfortable with. Also be observant if your child becomes too fond of a particular adult.
- Once a very lively child suddenly becomes withdrawn, you may need to patiently ask a lot of questions to your child.
- Carefully educate your young adults about the right values of sex. If you don’t, the society will teach them the wrong values.
- It is always advisable you go through any new material like cartoons you just bought for them before they start seeing it themselves.
- Ensure you activate parental controls on your cable networks and advice your friends especially those whom your child(ren) visit(s) often.
- Teach your 3 year old how to wash their private parts properly and warn them never to allow anyone touch those areas and that includes you. Remember charity begins from home and with you.
- Blacklist some materials / associates you think could threaten the sanity of your child (this may include music, movies, and even friends and families).
- Let your child(ren) understand the value of standing out of the crowd.
- Once your child complains about a particular person, don’t keep quiet about it. Take up the case and show them you can defend them.
Remember, we are either parents or parents-to-be. So share this information with your family and friends for your and their children safety. Let them educate their children and lets make a safe and healthy environment for our next generation. Share your valuable thoughts on this topic in the comments section below.